Sunday, May 13, 2012

How to Unlock Your Old iPhone & Use it for Travel

I was very upset when AT&T stopped coverage in my area.  I had a perfectly good iphone that I can no longer use since it is locked to AT&T, as is my iPad.  So I had to buy a new iPhone G4s.  But as of April  Apple and AT&T are unlocking the old iphones. Unfortunately I cannot return my 4Gs iphone, which simply is not as good as my G3...but I figure I can use the old iphone for travel.

I found the below article in Techland.Time.com and I have called AT&T and requested to  unlock my old iphone.  I am now  eagerly waiting to receive my unlock code from Apple.  The expected waiting time is about 2 weeks.  I will keep you posted as to how it works.

http://techland.time.com/2012/04/11/unlock-an-att-iphone-in-5-easy-steps/

No comments: