Wednesday, April 1, 2009

17 Places Every Woman Must Go

If you're burned out and in need of vacation inspiration, check out Stephanie Elizondo Griest's "100 Places Every Woman Should Go." It's a guide to places worth seeing in your lifetime, from the predictable (specific spas in the Caribbean) to the far-flung and adventurous (playing alongside the penguins in Antarctica)....

Griest also emphasizes that traveling can be a gift even in these tough economic times. "It's all about priority," Griest says. "I make less money than almost anyone I know, and I travel more than anyone I know." Dialing down expectations is key: You may not be wallowing in five-star luxury, but a bare-bones holiday can be cheaper and more fulfilling.

See full story on lemondrop and add your favorite destination to the list.

2 comments:

Kerry Abdow said...

i want to give my fellow female adventurers a travel tip- check out the diva cup! it's a reusable menstrual cup... so awesome! i used to plan my trips around my period because i didn't want to deal with packing tampons, and risking running out... you know what i'm talking about. the menstrual cup has literally changed my life- even at home!- and i think every woman should use one! but especially adventurers like us! packing just keeps getting easier... ;)

Anonymous said...

I think EGYPT should be added to the list of places everywoman should travel to! I'd love to find a woman only tour to see the sites of ancient Egypt....any suggestions?