Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Malta an Oenophile’s island!

Who knew?!?! I had never heard about Maltese wines…so while here in amazing Malta I sampled some of the local varietals and I must say I was very pleasantly surprised! Malta’s viticulture dates back to 5000 years, but it has only been in the last few years that the quality of Maltese wines have started to get international recognition and AWARDS. So while visiting Malta be sure to try some of the local wine. I can recommend Isis Chardonnay to enjoy with the delicious local seafood; the Fenici Chardonnay /Vermentino blend for sipping at sunset with a plate of Maltese appetizers; or the Palantino Merlot with pasta in a tomato sauce, red meat or with some of the mild local cheeses.


Tor learn more visit: http://www.maltafoodandwine.com/

No comments: